Professional translations approach
A dedicated team focused on your project
Our experienced team of perfectly bilingual, native translators brings all its expertise to translating your texts and ensuring their original meaning remains intact.
A time-tested and trusted approach
We apply a rigorous working method when translating your documents, which ensures that the final version delivered is of premium quality and perfectly in line with your requirements:
- Initial translation project needs analysis.
- Draft tailored solution in context, complete with process and project timeline along with you, our client.
- Your documents may be transmitted to us and delivered to you via the medium of your choice.
- A project manager appointed as lead is in charge of your documents and is your exclusive point of contact up to the final validation phase. They are trained to handle translations in any format and provide you with advice about translation techniques.
- A translator specializing in your business sector is assigned to your project and sees it through to completion. Our translators are all equipped with industry-leading language editing software and command a mastery of their native language, as well as the most powerful software tools.
- We can also set up a team comprising several translators to work on a same project as required. In such cases the final translation is validated one last time by a single proofreader to ensure the text is absolutely consistent, and any terminological variations or semantic discrepancies are corrected.
- Your Atenao translator and project manager will perform a full quality check and review of the translation prior to delivery. You can also request a third-party translator for a second full spelling, grammar, syntax and typography review and proofreading, in line with the EN-15038:2006 European standard.
Regardless of the type of text you wish to translate, we can answer your request without delay.
Live translations? Yes, practically!
Thanks to the rapid development of online digital media and the internet, a myriad of media websites publishes information “live” and provides their content in many different language translations. To enable breaking news around the world, Atenao has designed a translation platform for its clients that is virtually live & direct: based on volume, we can deliver translations back to you in record time.
Necessary details to produce a translation quote
1- Type of translation required and audience impact
The most important part of producing the cost of a translation is the impact you want to have on your audience (neutral, positive or engaging). Translation has significantly evolved over time and now falls into three key categories:
- Post-editing (level 1 translation)which involves updating the wording and syntax of a machine translation to make it more human. It is used to translate databases, reference information and documents which require perfect understanding but no real connection or emotion from the audience. Post-editing costs approximately 55% less than 100% human translation.
- 100% human translation (level 2 translation)which involves translation with no assistance from machine translation. It is the most traditional and popular form of translation to date.
- Transcreation (level 3 translation)which involves a regular translation followed by stylistic embellishment to improve the target text based on the impact you want to have on your audience. This type of translation is used for press releases, ad campaigns and any documents requiring a positive reaction from the audience. A level 3 translation costs approximately 70% more than a level 2 translation.
2- File format:
The translation of a website does not require the same computing skills as the translation of a brochure or a contract. A website will either be translated via encoded files, via export files available in several formats, via a backoffice or even via raw texts. A brochure to be translated will have been mounted on DTP software such as Indesign or Xpress. These so called “native” files can be translated directly, therefore it is best to provide this information, better still, to share the files to be translated.
3- Subject of the text to be translated :
Medical translation, technical translation, legal translation, economic and financial translation, tourism translation, scientific translation all have different degrees of technicality, and within each translation field, the degree of technicality also varies. The theme addressed in the text to be translated, allows the translation agency to select the most competent professional translator.
4- Source language and target language :
Essential information to draft a translation quote, the source language and the target language determine the desired language pair (eg French English translation, Chinese French translation…). If several target languages are requested, please also provide them as the price of translation varies depending on the language pairs. This variation is explained by two main factors:
• the different length of words in certain languages which implies a greater amount of work depending on the language combination.
• the number of professional translators available and competent for the given language pair.
5- The desired delivery date :
A professional translator translates an average of 1500 words per day. Depending on your deadline, the mobilisation of several professional translators may be necessary. The translation agency is used to managing projects in pairs or teams, but the translation process differs by involving, in particular, a harmonisation of translations carried out by several translators. This more complex translation process has an impact on the translation rate.
6- Number of “unique” words and repeat words
Your translation provider has the necessary tools to count the volume of words in any file type. But if you are unable to provide us with the text to translate, please give us a estimated volume. Without an idea of the volume of words to translate, we will not be able to send you an accurate translation quote. At best, we can give you the rate of translation per source word.
Some administrative documents to be presented to administrative authorities of the target country require a certification process by a sworn translator. Then we are talking about sworn translation. Depending on the country, the requirements differ. If your request is for sworn translation, please indicate the country or countries involved in the translation of the document.
Contact us today for an in-depth look at your professional translation needs.